At Civil Pour, we strive to execute our core values of mentorship and education, positivity, a commitment to quality and service excellence, a passion for great beer and coffee, and an approachable, open-mind. We are seeking part- or full-time baristas/bartenders to help us execute these values, as well as manage and maintain the best damn coffee and beer program just about anywhere.
The Barista/Bartender role reports to the Coffee or Beer Manager on duty, and will be tasked with making coffee drinks, acting as cashier, serving beers, creating panini sandwiches, and general store clean up as needed. In this customer-facing role, the Barista/Bartender should always strive to ensure guests are glad they stopped by.
All Civil Pour baristas and bartenders will interchange roles between cashier, making coffee drinks, serving beer, sandwich creation and general clean up.
- Competitive pay (hourly wages plus tips)
- Cross-training on our coffee, beer, and panini sandwich programs
- Advancement opportunities
- Instant Pay for employees’ tips
- Health and dental insurance (Full-time only)
- Paid vacation (Full-time only)
We love using the latest in beer, coffee and technology to help execute our vision, including Texas’ second PourSteady, a constantly rotating lineup of coffee and beer, a Gruber growler filler from Austria (the first in Texas), a 16oz Crowler machine, the best MicroMatic draft beer equipment we could find, HotSchedules, and much more.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Exemplify our core values at all times
- Attract and retain a loyal customer base, and get to know them by name
- Prepare coffee drinks, serve beers, and make panini sandwiches according to our best practices
- Execute opening and closing checklists, including readiness of beer serving equipment (draft lines and faucets, Gruber growler filler, Crowler seamer), set up of service counter, coffee and sandwich prep areas, check all equipment, check supply levels, dial in espresso shot times, and replenish/prepare house-made items as-needed
- Maintain the cleanliness and functionality of beer and coffee equipment
- Serve alcoholic beverages and food items in compliance with Federal, State and local regulations
- Be willing to serve as cashier, barista/bartender, food prep or clean up as needed
The ideal candidate will have the following personal qualities/skills:
- At least 1 year of experience in a customer-facing role, food service preferred but not required
- A passion for great coffee, beer, or both
- A positive attitude about Civil Pour employees, guests, and vendors, even when not at work
- A mindset to mentor other employees, as well as absorb what others know
- Self-awareness and emotional intelligence of team members and guests alike
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Proficiency with Revel (or other POS system), and general computer know-how
After you’re hired, all staff will receive the following training:
- Cicerone Certified Beer Server certification
- Civil Pour best practices for serving/preparing coffee, beer, and food
Physical and other requirements:
- Constant standing, walking, lifting, bending, working with sharp instruments, kitchen utensils and tools, operating an iPad-based POS system, oral and written skills in English, and carrying items up to 50 pounds. You may occasionally be asked to move full kegs, which can weigh up to 160 pounds.
To be considered for an interview, you must:
- Have current TABC Certification with proof
- Have a valid, non-expired government-issued photo ID
- Submit your resume
- Submit a brief note, telling us your favorite beer or coffee experience (or both!)
While we are not currently interviewing, that can change any day. Please apply if this job is of interest!
Boring legal stuff: This is a job posting, and not a description of all the job’s responsibilities, skills, or working conditions.
Apply for Job